Pamela Anderson first came to national attention when she was Playboys Playmate of the month in February 1990. Since then she has starred in Television series, movies, reality series, been back in playboy many times and has even become an author. She is a whirlwind and continues to take Hollywood and …
Pamela Anderson first came to national attention when she was Playboys Playmate of the month in February 1990. Since then she has starred in Television series, movies, reality series, been back in playboy many times and has even become an author. She is a whirlwind and continues to take Hollywood and the world by storm. In my opinion, she is the Marilyn Monroe of our generation. It was a pleasure to sit down with Pamela for an exclusive Hotspots interview before her appearance this weekend at Living Room nightclub.
1) At what age did you realize that you wanted to be in show business?
I was a centennial baby in Canada so that sort of threw me into it but to me honestly it wasn’t something that I ever aspired to as a little girl.
2) The Comedy Central Roast of Pamela Anderson is definitely one of my favorites and I can’t tell you how many times I have seen it. How much fun was that to tape?
Omg it was crazy. I don’t take myself too serious so it gave me the opportunity to really put myself out there.
3) You have made a foray into reality television with a 3 day stint on Australia’s Big Brother a 3 day stint on India’s Bigg Boss and then on Dancing with the Stars. How is reality Television different from scripted television and tell me about the experiences?
I live my life like it’s a reality TV show. Dancing with the stars was a lot more work than I ever expected, but it was great fun. I actually love dancing now.
4) Playboy has played a big role in your career (having appeared on more Playboy covers than anyone else) and your sexy curves are the most recognizable of our generation. How does it feel and is there a lot of pressure to be a sex symbol?
I feel honored to be involved with playboy. I feel I owe a lot to playboy and especially to Hef. I don’t feel much pressure really. I can’t allow myself to get to wrapped up in that stuff or it’ll drive me crazy!
5) You are equally well known for your advocacy in support of animal rights. When did this start and how did you get involved with PETA?
PETA is such an important cause to me. The mistreatment of animals is something that just really gets me. I feel it’s really the most important part of what I do. Don’t Eat Meat! Don’t Wear Fur! I mean, there are so many other options these days.
6) What’s ahead for Pamela Anderson?
Well tons of great stuff. I’m still writing and producing; but for now I’m just so happy to be coming to South Florida to celebrate at Living Room with Richie Rich. It’s always a good time there!
Catch Pamela Anderson hosting the 3rd annual Silver Party and Mark’s 103rd birthday this Friday, May 20th at Living Room Nightclub.